- The component resides inside EH Navigation tab in the Toolbox by the name EH Breadcrumb.
- EH Breadcrumb has one rendering variant - Default which is selected by default.
- This component does not have a data-source item, when added to a page, it generates a navigation menu based on the item hierarchy.
- Sitecore Page Item Fields used in EH Breadcrumb :
- Link caption in navigation: single line text field to add caption which will be displayed in the Navigation Menu.
- Sitecore Page URL(will be automatically generated) will be linked to the Navigation Menu text for this item.
- Rendering Parameters(in Breadcrumb Settings section) :
- Start Page – specify the starting point for the breadcrumb. If you leave this empty, by default the home page is used.
- Navigation Filter – click the navigation filter from the drop-down list, and select Breadcrumb Navigation.
- To hide a page from Navigation Menu :
- Go to the page item and look for Check to hide in the navigation filters field in the Navigation section.
- Select the Breadcrumb Navigation checkbox from the list.
- To hide the breadcrumb component on a page,
- Go to the page item and look for the Hide Breadcrumb field in the Navigation section.
- Check that checkbox field and it will hide the component.
- An example of the component is displayed here HERE
Content Author Notes
Breadcrumbs will be managed on a page level in Content Editor.
1. Click page in Content Editor
2. Authors will be able to manage the text in the navigation in the Link in Navigation field.
3. By checking "Hide Breadcrumb", it will hide the breadcrumb on the page.
4. By checking any of the options in the "Check to hide in navigation filters", it will hide that page in the corresponding navigation.
Governance: Leave Link Style Default.
5. Make sure to save and publish changes.
- The Breadcrumb component is used to allow the user to navigate the parent pages
in the site structure that are above the current page.
- The Breadcrumb will display parent pages and the current page in a list with '/' as dividers.
- The current item is not clickable.
- The Breadcrumb should have the ability to show or hide from the page via a checkbox.
- The user can click a breadcrumb item to navigate to the page .
- The interior page breadcrumbs will be dynamically generated using the display name
and page link to show the navigational path within the current section of the CMS.
- The Breadcrumb should be hidden on mobile.
- For styling please see the Live Site following AAG Brand Guidelines
- Upon hover breadcrumb would display underline.
- This component must follow accessibility standards for alt text, and keyboard navigation.
- Breadcrumb will not show on mobile.